Friday, October 5, 2012

Wanderlust

Sometimes I feel like I am bitten by the wander-bug and feel an urgent sense to travel - take a vacation, go sightseeing, do all the regular touristy stuff. But at other times I do feel travel is overrated thing.Since it has become so common and what with people putting up pics of every damn vacation they take in their best costumes and the best smiles - I have grown disenchanted with the whole travel thing.It seems like the aim of a vacation is to let the world know you are cool and do "cool" stuff than really enjoying the break.

Maybe I am cynical - even jealous that I don't do any of the cool stuff. But all that I ever seem to want on long weekends is to stay home, snuggle up in bed with a nice book , eat good food and sleep for hours.If a holiday entails doing all this with an infinity pool and mountains surrounding you , then why not... sounds like a perfect fit!

So hubby are you reading this? Take me on a vacation soon with the infinity pool, great food and mountains!

2 comments:

Nandini said...

Totally totally agree with you on the lazing around and curling up with a good book bit. Sometimes that itself is a great vacation. In fact, when travel involves doing too many things and ticking off too many items on a checklist, I really need that good-book-great-food-nice-sleep weekend to actually feel like I've had a vacation !

Sindhu Srinivas said...

Yup! So many times I ve done a vacation ( of staying home-doing nothing ) after a hectic "holiday" involving a lot of socializing! :)