Saturday, October 6, 2012

'Missing sweet tooth'

Cooking is interesting for me only when I like to eat the dish I make. I feel no motivation to make things for others , if the dish is something I don't particularly care to eat. As I type this , I squirm knowing how selfish it sounds. But the truth is that the motivation for my cooking isn't love for another person, more a sense of anticipation for eating what I like.

Am not particularly fond of sweets and I find them laborious to make  compared to savory dishes and hence can never feel motivated enough to want to make them. As fate would have it, my hubby's family thrives on sweets and somehow can't get myself to share the enthusiasm for making or eating sweets with them.

Should I be making an attempt to learn to make sweets for my hubby or should I just be telling him as an equal partner ' I don't particularly care for it but still summoning all my love for you...I will join you in your attempts in the kitchen '?

2 comments:

Rach said...

Make what you like to eat!

The only reason I attempt to make things in the kitchen is just the joy of doing something creative (even if just by copying a recipe I find online ;-)) cos honestly, you'd get much better tasting stuff outside :) But I just like that feeling of having created something myself.

So my tip, buy him the sweets and make the dishes you both enjoy, only if you want to :) No love demonstrated by all this, unless it's a special occasion. Of course, joining him in his attempts in the kitchen might be a fun experience too.. make a video of him next time :-)

Sindhu Srinivas said...

Haha! Glad to know that it isnt my love bound duty to make dishes he likes :P Not like i would have made, but i spend considerable time debating in my head! :)According to him the time i spent thinking about whether to do or not could have been better utilised by actually making some sweets!