Saturday, October 6, 2012

Of personal spaces

From when I have been married I have always wondered what the protocol of the spouse with one s friends should be. Is it considered acceptable to take your spouse along when you meet friends or is it something one is supposed to clear with the friends first?

Some of my friends now are actually my hubby's. But even saying that I know that there are some friends of my hubby's whom I don't know that well and am never sure if joining my hubby while meeting them is a good idea or not.

Where do you draw the line between socializing versus intruding the spouse's personal rapport with friends?

2 comments:

Nandini said...

It's a question we've all asked ourselves at some point or the other :) I think it's ok to go out and meet them a few times, and within that time you'll figure out if you'll gel or not.

Sindhu Srinivas said...

:) I always end up doubting if I am intruding a boy's night out! The dilemma for me being that I ve always been very comfy hanging out with guys, but trying to reach that comfort level with your hubby's friends seems like intrusion sometimes! May be i am over-anlaysing this.. but i can never be sure!