Monday, September 10, 2012

Interpretation of Dreams

I have always been a dawn-dreamer and I usually wake up with an intact memory of the dreams. Sometimes I see multiple ones - all tied together to the sleepy head - but suddenly when I wake up and they don't seem so related. I have a whole repertoire of them - scary, funny , practical , spiritual , professional - but one common feature is that they are narcissistic in nature.The entire plot revolves around me and I am usually the narrator.

Two days ago, I bought a piece of land and I cultivated a pumpkin patch. Last night I had a conversation with my grandmom on life after death. I have been in competitions ( yes.. the reality show types ) where my knowledge and skills help me survive for another week. I am a student back in school, struggling to submit a paper on Indian economy in Hindi. Am an actor playing both the parts of Dhritarashtra and Kunti ( Am aware I am a female lead even in my dreams. I play Dhritarashtra because the actor who was playing him was a pathetic actor). Have directed Ice age 3 where my assistants get me ground nuts instead of a cutout of the acron.

"Dreams are often most profound when they seem the most crazy” said Sigmund Freud . I wonder if mine have some profound meaning.

3 comments:

Rach said...

Hmm... I can understand the dreams being self-involved. I guess at the deepest level, we're only bothered about our selves. But what do you mean by you are the narrator :) the fact that you have a narrator itself sounds unusual!

Your mix of dreams are really interesting. Some indicate your personal feelings and desires I guess (grandmom) and I guess others indicate really how the books/TV shows you read/view take over your mind! You really give them so much thought, don't you? :)

There's a chapter (or more) in the Feynman book (Surely you're joking..) where he talks about something like how he's always been able to detach himself from the dream and been able to passively observe himself in the dream. I've always found that intriguing. Been able to do that?

Sindhu Srinivas said...

:) I still feel my dreams are too random! I am usually the most important character in my dream and I hear my voice narrating the story.
Passively observing yourself in your dream happens to me in my afternoon siestas. I find this troubling.Its as if there are 2 levels of consciousness and i am aware it is a dream and keep seeing myself waking up..but i never can and that frustartes and tires me. I have even seen dreams where i see myself sleeping and another me is watching me and mocking my ignorance of the world.In short this obeserving oneself is very troubling!

daneel said...

Seems to me your dawn-dreams are at the ego level, and your afternoon siesta dreams at the super-ego level. Fascinating!
~JD