Thursday, December 27, 2012

B'day Ruminations!

 "Well, birthdays are merely symbolic of how another year has gone by and how little we've grown. No matter how desperate we are that someday a better self will emerge, with each flicker of the candles on the cake, we know it's not to be; that for the rest of our sad, wretched pathetic lives, this is who we are to the bitter end. Inevitably irrevocably; happy birthday? No such thing." - Seinfeld

Here is my analysis of "me" this year -
  • Am a lot more dependent on others than I would like to be.
  • I love "solitary time" - a day or two in a month.
  • I prefer brunches to late night parties.
  • I like writing - more than I thought I liked initially.
  • I am now officially a red-wine gal.
  • I hate nagging, my hubby forces me to - but I do not enjoy it.
  • I day-dream a lot - could be in front of you, nodding my head, but not registering a word you say!
  • Love the idea of travel more than the travel itself.
  • Live my life loving the retrospect and not usually liking the present!
  • My rate of hoarding books far exceeds the pace of my reading.
  • Love the lazy sunday afternoon introspection time - lying in bed with a book but not really reading, but pondering about life in general before falling into a nice slumber. 
  • I love talking about myself/my life more than anything else.

No comments: